Topped with honey, lemon, and fresh herbs, this whipped ricotta dip feels elevated. But it’s so easy to do! You just need 5 minutes and 4 ingredients.
This whipped ricotta dip will be my go-to appetizer for the rest of summer…and fall…and winter. Sounds high, but it couldn’t be easier to achieve. We are talking about 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of preparation!
The recipe is prepared in the food processor, with the S-blade eliminating the grit that store-bought ricotta often has right out of the package. The whipped ricotta becomes incredibly creamy and silky, with a burst of flavor bursting from the lemon juice. I like to serve it with fresh toppings like honey, herbs, and lemon zest to balance out the richness of the dip. Pick it all up with crackers, Crostini, or sliced baguette!
Whipped Ricotta Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to make this whipped ricotta recipe:
- Ricotta, Of course! Whole milk ricotta cheese will give this dip the best creaminess and rich flavor.
- extra virgin olive oil – It adds a depth of spicy and fruity flavor and helps the ricotta to rise to a smooth consistency.
- Fresh lemon juice – For brightness.
- And sea salt – To bring out all the flavors!
Top the whipped ricotta with honey, lemon zest and fresh herbs such as thyme, chives, chopped parsley or fresh mint. Flaky sea salt is also a wonderful garnish, adding a delicate crunch in addition to a savory flavor.
Find the full recipe with measurements below.
How to make whipped ricotta dip
If you like easy recipes, you’ll love this dip!
- Put the ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a food processor.
- Blend until mixture is light and smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Tip: set a timer! A minute is longer than you think. 🙂
That’s it! Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish it with a drizzle of honey, olive oil and a sprinkle of lemon zest and fresh herbs. Appreciate!
How to serve whipped ricotta
My favorite way to serve this whipped ricotta recipe is as a dip, loaded with the above-mentioned trimmings. Associated to crostini, pita chips or crusty bread, it’s such a simple appetizer, but it’s also SO delicious. Try it once and you will do it again and again.
But that’s not the only way to serve this recipe…
- Make whipped ricotta toast. Get creative with the toppings! Honey, lemon and fresh herbs are always great, but so are roasted tomatoes, pickled radishesor pinches of za’atar. Experiment with your favorite vegetables, spices and herbs to find the combinations you like.
- Serve it under roasted vegetables. It would be a delicious creamy base for these oven roasted carrots.
- Add a spoonful to a cereal bowl. I love a bowl with farro, grilled chickpeas, roasted tomatoes, and basil. A dollop of this creamy dip gets the best of it!
- Use it as a Omelette filling. And a pinch of fresh herbs? Yum!
How do you like to serve it? Let me know in the comments!
Store whipped ricotta for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If the liquid separates, simply stir the dip before serving.
More favorite dip recipes
If you love this whipped ricotta recipe, then try one of these delicious dips:
Prevent your screen from going dark
In a food processor, place the ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice and salt and blend until light and smooth, 1-2 minutes.
Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, honey, lemon zest, thyme and flaky sea salt. Serve with a toasted baguette or crostini.