At least two people have been killed in the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, following a Russian missile attack on the city, while Ukraine announced the destruction of more than 20 Russian steps in the attack, which she called it “the most powerful” in history. kyiv has been on display since the spring.
Ukrainian authorities announced that at least two people were killed on Wednesday morning in a Russian missile attack on the capital kyiv.
Kyiv’s military administration said air defenses destroyed more than 20 drones and missiles in the skies of the Ukrainian capital, calling the attack “the strongest” targeting the city since the spring.
Sergei Popko, head of the Kyiv city military administration, wrote on the Telegram app: “As a result of falling debris in the Shevchenkivsky district of Kyiv, two people were killed, according to preliminary reports. »
He added that another person was injured and is currently undergoing treatment.
He added on the Telegram app that authorities found the two bodies in a non-residential building and the third was injured by glass fragments.
Klitschko reported that several buildings were on fire. He did not say whether the debris came from missiles or drones.
The military administration had previously warned of a missile attack, saying the air defenses were working.
New arms package for Ukraine
Meanwhile, the United States on Tuesday announced a new arms package for Ukraine worth $250 million, as Kiev continues to mount a counterattack to retake territory from Russia.
The Pentagon said in a statement that the United States would provide a new weapons package worth $250 million, including defensive AIM-9M Sidewinder missiles and longer-range HiMars missiles.
The ministry explained that the weapons package also includes “155mm and 105mm artillery ammunition, demining equipment, anti-tank missiles, anti-armour systems, Hydra-70 air-to-ground missiles and more than 3 million small cartridges. weapons ammunition,” the statement said.
The aid also includes “armoured medical vehicles, ambulances and other unspecified field equipment”, according to the Pentagon.
Since the start of the crisis in Ukraine on February 24, 2022, the Biden administration has provided Kyiv with more than $43 billion in various aid.
A few months ago, Ukraine launched its counterattack to recapture the lands controlled by Russia, benefiting from the equipment and military support provided to its army by Western countries, led by the United States.
Russia: We bury the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty if Washington does not abandon its tests
Russian Ambassador to Washington Anatoly Antonov has stressed that if the United States does not abandon nuclear testing, we will have to “bury” the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
He pointed out that Russia ratified the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty in 2000 and has made a firm and responsible commitment to unilaterally refrain from nuclear testing.
Putin: US Considering Nuclear Weapons Testing and We Will Respond the Same
He pointed out that the United States did not follow this example and “did not move a finger to bring the treaty into force”.
He added that US policy, particularly in the area of international arms control, disarmament and nuclear non-proliferation, is that “someone else, usually Russia, is always responsible for destroying the pillars of international security”.
He warned: “This time, if Washington does not give up the temptation to resume nuclear testing, and no one can rule it out, we will ‘bury’ the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.”
Russia’s deputy permanent representative to the United Nations and international organizations in Geneva Andrei Belousov said the United States’ involvement in maintaining the Nevada nuclear test site shows that it has no intention to stop nuclear bomb testing, despite the unanimous vote on the subject. Resolution of the United Nations General Assembly in this regard.
Norwegian Foreign Minister Annekin Hoitfeldt: apologizes for her husband’s investment activities in arms manufacturing company
Norwegian Foreign Minister Annekin Hoitfeldt has apologized for her husband, Ola Flem, illegally buying and selling shares in arms manufacturing company Kongsberg Group.
During a press conference on Wednesday, Hoitfeldt expressed regret and willingness to take responsibility for the fact that her husband, Ola Flem, bought and sold shares of the arms company Kongsberg Group, without telling him. inform, considering what he did a violation of the law as a minister’s husband.
She added: “I deeply regret having made errors related to the violation of the principle of neutrality”, and confirmed that she had not “fulfilled her duty as a minister because she was not aware of her husband’s financial investment activities”.
The Norwegian website “VG” revealed that “the foreign minister’s husband traded shares on the Oslo Stock Exchange, including those of the arms manufacturer Kongsberg Group, during his tenure as foreign minister.”
Commenting on the minister’s remarks, Norwegian Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Storr said he “still had faith in Huitfeldt as foreign minister.”