This fresh and creamy mango smoothie is easy to make with just 5 ingredients! Mix it up in minutes for a healthy breakfast or an ultra-refreshing snack.
This mango smoothie recipe is like sunshine in a glass! It’s fresh and creamy, with a sweet and tangy tropical flavor and the happiest color ever. It tastes so good it could pass for dessert, but it’s really an easy and healthy option for any time of day. This mango smoothie recipe requires 5 simple ingredients and comes together in less than 5 minutes. What’s not to like about it?
Mango Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this healthy mango smoothie recipe:
- Frozen mango pieces – Pick up a bag of frozen mango from your grocery store or get fresh mango. When it is ripe, peel it, chop it and freeze it yourself. Frozen fruit gives this smoothie a smooth, creamy texture.
- Frozen banana – With mango, it makes the smoothie thick and creamy. The fruit also naturally sweetens the smoothie. No added sweeteners required!
- Almond milk – It helps frozen ingredients blend into a smooth puree. If you don’t have almond milk on hand, substitute it with the milk of your choice. For example, oat milk or regular cow’s milk also works great.
- Whole milk Greek yogurt – It adds richness and tangy flavor.
- And fresh lime juice – For a bright and refreshing kick!
Find the complete recipe with measurements below.
Make it vegan or dairy-free!
For a plant-based version of this mango smoothie recipe, replace the yogurt with full-fat coconut milk.
- Advice: Freeze the coconut milk in ice cube trays in advance. The coconut ice cubes make this smoothie extra thick and icy!
How to make a mango smoothie
This mango smoothie recipe is so easy to make!
Place the mango, banana, almond milk, yogurt and lime juice in a blender.
- Advice: I like to use a high speed blender for this recipe because it allows me to make a thicker smoothie. But if you don’t have one, it doesn’t matter! The smoothie will still be excellent. You will just need to add more liquid to obtain a completely smooth puree.
Blend on high until smooth, adding more milk if necessary to blend.
Pour the smoothie into glasses and garnish with diced mango and fresh mint, if desired. Appreciate!
Mixes and variations
I love this mango smoothie recipe as written, but like all smoothies, it’s flexible! Feel free to modify it according to your desires or what you have on hand. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Swap the fruit. Replace the mango with peaches, pineapple or strawberries, or use a mixed fruit.
- Add a vegetable. Stir in a large handful of frozen kale or spinach. You can even add mint or basil for an unexpected touch!
- Pack more protein. Add a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- Make it extra fruity replacing the milk with orange juice.
- Make it a smoothie bowl. Top it off with diced mango, goji berries, chia seeds, coconut flakes, cashew butter and/or toasted cashews.
Let me know what variations you try!
More Favorite Smoothie Recipes
If you like this mango smoothie, then try one of these fruit smoothie recipes:
This mango smoothie has an amazing creamy texture and a sweet and tangy tropical flavor. Made with 5 simple ingredients, it’s an easy and delicious healthy breakfast or snack.
Stop your screen from going dark
In a high speed blender, place the mango, banana, almond milk, yogurt and lime juice.
Blend until smooth, adding more almond milk as needed to blend. Pour into glasses, garnish with diced mango and fresh mint, if using, and serve.
*For a vegan mango smoothie, replace the yogurt with full-fat coconut milk. I like to freeze it in ice cube trays to make the smoothie extra thick and icy.