Welcome to my wine-loving friends! Today I’m going to share the magic behind creating the perfect single-serve sangria. Made with Graham + Fisk red wineThis recipe is a tantalizing blend of fruity flavors and full-bodied wine that is sure to invigorate your taste buds.
Understanding the Basics: What Makes Sangria Exceptional?
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s cover a few key points about sangria:
Soaking time: How long should sangria soak? To capture the essence of the fruit and ensure a richer, more balanced taste, let your sangria sit overnight in the refrigerator. Believe me, the wait is worth it!
Brandy Substitutes: Can’t find apple brandy? No problem! You can use other fruit brandies, rum, or even skip it altogether if you prefer a milder sangria.
Preparation time: How far in advance should you prepare sangria? For the best flavors, prepare your sangria at least 24 hours before your event or quiet evening.
Decoding strength and flavor: is sangria stronger than wine?
If you’re new to the sangria scene, you may be wondering, “Is sangria stronger than wine?” Not necessarily. While sangria contains wine and often brandy, the addition of fruit and possibly soda or sparkling wine dilutes the alcohol, making it a relatively mild fruity drink.
Choosing your spirit: Is sangria better with rum or brandy?
Ah, the eternal question: rum or brandy? Sangria is traditionally made with brandy, but the choice is yours. If you are a rum lover, feel free to use it for a different version. Today, we use apple brandy for its delicious fruity nuances.
Discover our star ingredient: Graham + Fisk’s red wine
Now, let’s talk about wine. We are using Graham + Fisk red wine—a California red blend of Merlot and Zinfandel. Its jammy notes of pomegranate and its round finish, combined with a soft tannin structure, will enhance your sangria.
The recipe: prepare your sangria in individual portions
- ¼ cup chopped strawberries
- ½ lime
- ½ an orange
- 1 can of Graham + Fisk red wine
- ½ oz apple brandy of your choice
Step-by-Step Guide: Creating Your Sangria Masterpiece
- Prepare your drink: Start with a cold glass. Its icy embrace keeps your sangria cool and refreshing.
- Mince: Cut your strawberries, lime and orange into bite-sized pieces. Think of them as tiny aroma bombs waiting to explode.
- In the glass: Throw your pieces of fruit into the glass. See them nestle in their freezing new home.
- Add the brandy: Pour in the apple brandy of your choice. Watch it cascade over the fruit, giving it its distinctive flavor.
- Free the wine: There is a can full of Graham + Fisk red wine. Watch it seep into the fruit, marrying their flavors with its own.
- To crown it all: Want something fancy? Add a little Graham + Fisk soda or white wine with bubbles.
- Stir it up: Gently stir your masterpiece, allowing the flavors to blend beautifully.
- Patience is the key: Leave to rest overnight in the refrigerator. As the flavors blend, they create a concoction greater than the sum of its parts.
- Turn it on: Do you prefer white sangria? Replace the red wine with Graham + Fisk’s White with Bubbles!
Conclusion: your journey with Sangria
Congratulations! You’ve just created a single-serve sangria full of flavor and personality. As you sip this delicious blend, take a moment to savor the melody of fruity notes dancing with the rich, full-bodied character of Graham + Fisk red wine. And remember, the best sangria is the one made with patience, creativity and a touch of adventurous spirit. Congratulations on your sangria journey!