Bourbon Women announced the winners of the first edition WOW Award (Women of Whisky)presented in collaboration with the Bourbon Women’s Foundation. The awards were presented in a ceremony during the Bourbon Women SIPosium on Friday, August 25, 2023.
The WOW Awards honor women leaders who have had a significant impact on the whiskey industry.
After a selection process, Bourbon Women presented the winners of each of the 2023 award categories:
- Legacy Achievement Award: Rebecca Harris (Founder, Chief Distiller, Catoctin Creek Distilling Co.)
- Master Distiller/Producer Manager of the Year: Alex Castle (Master Distiller and Senior Vice President, Old Dominick)
- Master Blender of the Year: Heather Greene (Master Distiller, Founder & CEO, Milam & Greene Whiskey)
- Brand Ambassador of the Year: Angel Teta (National Advocacy and Brand Culture Guardian, Angel’s Envy)
- Woman of the Year Owned Brand: Heaven Hill Brands.
- Bartender of the Year: Tiffanie Barriere (The Drinking Coach)
- Spirits Influencer/Podcaster of the Year: Sara Ahlgrim (It’s Bourbon Night)
- Spirits Writer of the Year: Pheobe Calver (Editor, American Whiskey Magazine)
- Spirits-Diversity Program of the Year: Beam Suntory
- Mike Keyes Champion/Ally of the Year: Emma Hutchens (Head of Human Resources, Heaven Hill Brands)
Finalists were nominated by their companies, peers and communities, for demonstrating their commitment to excellence in their craft and making invaluable contributions to the whiskey industry. Finalists embody the innovation and dedication that inspires and uplifts others in the field, the organization says.
“We are absolutely thrilled to celebrate the leadership and change these people are bringing to the whiskey industry and the innovation and passion they share,” said Heather Wibbels, Managing Director of Bourbon Women. “Collectively, they represent a wave of change in the world of whiskey, and we are proud to uplift and celebrate the phenomenal women who do this work every day. »
During the event, the Kentucky Distillers Association also presented the Lois Mateus Award Networking Award, recognizing the importance of connection and networking in the industry, to Sara Osborne of MML&K Government Solutions.
For more information on the WOW Awards and to see the list of finalists, visit bourbonwomen.org/wow-women-of-whiskey-awards/.
As a pioneer in supporting bourbon enthusiasts, Bourbon Women is the nation’s premier female whiskey drinking group.